Solar panels provide a relatively reliable source of energy. The beauty of this source of energy is that it is usually free, unlike other sources of energy. However, you must ensure that you only get legitimate solar panels Perth to get value for your money.
Vital Factors to Consider when Buying a Solar Panel
Any expert will agree that it’s important that you consider a few factors when out to purchase a solar panel. Here is a list of some of these crucial factors that you must never overlook.
- Amount of power output; the main purpose of a solar panel is to store electricity. Therefore it makes sense to only go for a panel with reasonably high power output. A good solar panel ought to have a power rating of at least 200 watts.
- Durability; nobody wants to buy substandard products. High-quality solar panels will eliminate the need for constant replacement. The good news is that most solar panels Perth do not require regular maintenance.
- Warranty: let’s be honest solar panels are usually very costly. Therefore it’s only fair that you consider a product with a long warranty. A shrewd buyer ought to first check out the duration of the performance warranty.
- Level of efficiency; the amount of power a solar panel stores depends on how fast the panel converts sun rays into electricity. Therefore you ought to only consider an effective one to store more power.
- Price of the solar panels; different solar panels attract varying prices depending on a few factors. For instance, a solar panel with a high power output will be pricier than that with relatively low power output.
- Size of the solar panel; size affects how fast this product charges. The more you expose it to direct sunlight, the better. Thus consider a solar panel that measures at least 22 inches by 16 inches by 3inches.
Why Most People Prefer Solar Panels
Now that we understand the factors to consider let’s explore a few benefits of solar panels Perth.
- Highly economical; one advantage of solar panels is that they require less maintenance. Therefore if one buys a durable product, you stand to save a lot of money.
- They help one to save money; Mother Nature provides sunlight for free. As a result, one will end up spending less money on electricity. If the power output is reasonably high, you may not have to spend any penny on the electricity bill.
- Highly reliable; if you rely on hydroelectric power, you’ll agree that it can inconvenience you. The good news is that solar power is less prone to blackouts.
- It provides clean energy; one of the main reasons why most people gravitate to solar power is because it is clean. Technically other sources of energy pollute the air as they release highly toxic emissions.
- Solar power reduces wastage of water; some energy sources such as HEP tend to waste so much water. You’ll be relieved to know that solar panels do not require water to convert sunlight to electricity. In the long run, the use of solar panels will help to minimize water scarcity problems.
- Ease of installation; interestingly, solar panels are usually very easy to install. Today, you can install the machine on any type of roof and leverage on any available space. Whether you have a vertical or horizontal space.
Advantages of Solar Power over Hydroelectric Power
Technically most countries are encouraging its citizens to adopt solar power as opposed to hydroelectric power.
- Highly cheap; one does not need to pay anyone to get sunlight. All you need to do is to invest in a good solar panel and enjoy the benefits which come with it.
- Environmentally friendly; technically, solar power generation poses no environmental risk. On the contrary, the generation of hydropower leads to both air and noise pollution.
In conclusion, the undeniable truth is that the merits of solar power outweigh their demerits. For this reason, it’s prudent to install solar panels Perth in your home. You won’t believe how much your electricity bill will drop over a short period.